A single press on the button, a little touch on my shoulder and a word of acknowledgment on my ears are all the ingredients for the perfect start. Everyone has a dream to chase and I have mine tagging along me. Whether I took the longest path or a short-cut, the thing that meant the most was the way and not where it leads.
She leans, she whispers, she makes my hair feel her smile and she gives me the mileage throughout the end. Even the slightest misjudgment would mark a full stop. But the fact was, I had all my judgments, expectations and decision sitting right behind and watching ahead with me. Words were scarce. We preferred the exchange of pressure, friction and we let the laws of motion perform its experiment.
With hundreds of squeaking noises around and the replica of dark clouds passing by, every inch was a maze to be solved. Still, the voice of hers reached my soul, the smell of hers scented me and our thoughts definitely had a direct connection. Millions of advices exist forbidding the usage of mobile while driving. Maybe, I won’t need any connection to this world as long as I have her behind me, thus giving a solution for my parent’s nightmare. A dark road was all that was needed for the spark between the skins; a silent road was all that was needed to confess those three words for the millionth time; a long stream of time is all that was needed to encrypt another ” screen saving” moment.
At every curve, at every drift, at the slightest turbulence, she evolved a grip on me and my blood circulations would get modulated leading to temporary malfunction of the brain. A cursory move of her fingers inside slips the breath out, dims my visuals and brings the sky down. Government is not aware of the fact that it's even possible to make a "19" on a license test and having a "19" behind is not.
As the digital reading rose, the distance in-between inversed. I wish I could race the stars, fly along the wind and take the road that never ends. Yes, it does sound dreamy. Who knows! I’m already having a dream embracing me. So, why can’t the rest happen too? God created human beings, human beings created other human beings and the cycle continues. Few managed to find a machine that could move on two wheels. Let’s say somewhere in the past, few shed their sweats to create "both" and here we are layering our sweats in between.
"Life is a journey!" I don’t know who said that, but definitely he must have said that after a ride like the one I just described. As I have cared so much to write this down, I take my own privilege to change it to "life is on my journey ". I can go on with this, but somewhere this has to end. But the journey of ours never does. Miles to go before and after sleep, and miles to dream before and after I sleep.
Wo hoo!! Awesome!! :-)
ReplyDeletetooooooooooo goooood :) ...only true love can bring such magnitude of beauty into words :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing Philip! I never knew you wrote so much -super! I just went into the story - Beautiful!!
ReplyDelete